15 May, 2009

keyword : good morning america, jon and kate, jon and kate good morning america, jon and kate on good morning america, abc good morning america

Confession time: I have absolutely no idea who these Jon and Kate people are or what plus eight they have. Is it eight spider monkeys? Eight chimneys? Eight copies of The Secret?

All right, I’m exaggerating — I realize they have eight children. But all of a sudden Jon and Kate are everywhere and I feel like I have missed out on some kind of pop culture phenomenon.

The only hitch? I honestly don’t care. First of all, I stopped watching TLC the first time they got rid of Paige Davis on Trading Spaces; it just felt like a betrayal. Second, watching a show with this many children stresses me out and makes me feel like I’m babysitting.

Third (and this one makes me a bad person, I know), I like watching TV shows with younger, attractive people, and judging from the photos of Kate, with her odd wedge cut, female-softball-player-esque hairdo, I think this show falls out of my comfort zone. I liken my avoidance of this show to that of people who stay away from The Hills, one of my personal faves. But I get that it’s not for everyone.


Kate Gosselin, co-star of TLC's "Jon & Kate Plus 8," says it's difficult reading stories about herself.
Recent media reports have focused a harsh spotlight on Kate and her husband, Jon, who star with their eight children on the popular reality show. In recent days, the Gosselins' wholesome on-screen home life has been called into question by reports of extramarital affairs. Both Jon and Kate have denied those accusations.
"This is certainly not what I envisioned I was signing up for," Kate Gosselin said Wednesday during an appearance at the Frauenthal Center, The Muskegon Chronicle reported.
"When I see magazines in stores it's really difficult. It amazes me there is an industry that follows you around and writes stories about you.
"It destroys peoples' lives. I need you to know, don't believe what you read unless you hear it from that person."
On its Web site, Us Weekly recently described an over-friendly relationship between Gosselin and her married bodyguard, Steve Neild, that "caught the attention of her husband — and has become the talk of many locals" in their Pennsylvania community.
People magazine's Web site quoted Gosselin as saying the couple have been struggling for months.
"This week I'm on the cover of four magazines. One is true, three are not," Kate told her audience.
The Gosselins are on the cover of People, Us Weekly, Star and National Enquirer. She described People's reporting as the most accurate.
She has previously denied having an affair with Neild. Jon Gosselin has denied cheating with a 23-year-old schoolteacher, and he has apologized for putting his family in an "awkward situation."
Kate Gosselin said the stop in Muskegon, located about 35 miles northwest of Grand Rapids, was the last on her travel schedule for a while. She said she plans to spend more time at home.
"The last couple weeks have been interesting," she said. "I had to address that."
TLC's most popular series, which has been on the air for four seasons, attracts an average audience of more than 2.8 million viewers.

0 Comment: