07 May, 2009

terraform


It’s pleasantly surprising to see the area outside my window being transformed in a positive way. I was half expecting they’d put more buildings there but instead it looks like it’s going to be a soccer pitch. They trucked in a whole bunch of large trees. I don’t know how the trees feel about being moved around like that. I guess for some it’d be a good thing, if they didn’t like the trees that they used to be situated next to.

Also they laid down a load of real live grass! It will be alive once it warms up a bit and rains. Grass. On the embankment. If you look carefully there’s old terraforming women anchoring it down there behind the trees.


Well okay maybe that foto is too small but click on to see bigger on flickr.

Je had some sort of clandestine fridge research project to complete so we headed off to the LG Best store to look at white goods. Or at least they used to be white. I was assured I’d be very bored by it all and that I could wander off after a few minutes but as often happens it was much the opposite.

I don’t know if it’s that I haven’t looked at new fridges in many years or if these were especially asian/quirky.

Flowery patterns on the doors with sparkly crystals embedded into them. Very advanced looking temperature controls. Some of them had a little door in the door so you could get your bottle of drink out without messing about with the whole door. These things were huge but there was still no freezer in it. Or at least I don’t think there was. They’re very plasticky inside. Can’t they make the fixtures out of something other than plastic? I guess all up it was mildly interesting, but eh, they still just keep food cold. I mean, it’s not going to write my thesis for me is it? Damn fridge.

0 Comment: